The Four Stages of Caregiving
This is an excellent online resource from the Area on Aging of Pasco-Pinellas. The Four Stages of Caregiving covers caregiving from beginning to heavy home care to nursing homes and end-of-life care. Each stage opens with a short overview about what to expect followed by caregiving topics appropriate for that stage. You may see yourself in one of these stages, and planning ahead may make it easier to face the next stage with confidence. Caregiving issues are explained.
LINKS & RESOURCES
- CIRCLE OF CARE: www.PascoCircleofCare.org
CARES and Gulfside Hospice have formed “The Circle of Care”, a community outreach and education partnership. The marketing relationship is based on the foundation that both community non-profit organizations provide services to the elderly population in Pasco County, Florida; both are committed to improving the health status and quality of life of people in the community; both have established strong reputations and an extensive history of service for the area’s residents.
DOWNLOAD A FREE 12-PAGE BOOKLET OF SERVICES HERE!
- 2-1-1 Tampa Bay Cares: www.211tampabay.org.
Online database for support groups, volunteer opportunities, organizations that help people with various diseases, and other resources. Available in multiple languages for Florida’s Pinellas and Hernando Counties. Callers from Pinellas and Hernando seeking information may dial the telephone number 211 for informaiton and referral for all ages.
- Alzheimer’s Association, Florida Gulf Coast Chapter: www.alz.org/FlGulfCoast
Web site of Alzheimer’s Association Chapter that serves 17 counties including Pasco and Pinellas. Services include care consultations, 24/7 information and referral Helpline
- Alzheimer’s Family Organization: www.alzheimersfamily.org
Alzheimer’s Family Organization offers educational programs, respite care, and support groups in Pasco and other central Florida counties.
- Area Agency on Aging of Pasco-Pinellas (AAAPP): www.agingcarefl.org.
The AAAPP is an Aging and Disability Resource Center(ADRC). The Helpline is part of a statewide, searchable online database at http://www.agingcarefl.org/search-the-online-database-of-resources-for-the-state-of-florida
- Bay Area Legal Services, Inc. www.bals.org.
Provides legal assistance in Pasco County with priority given to economically and socially needy seniors.
- Directions for Mental Health: www.directionsmh.org.
Private nonprofit community mental health organization in north Pinellas County that provides intervention and treatment programs for children, families, and adults.
- Guardian Association of Pinellas County: http://www.guardian-association.com
The mission of the Guardian Association is advocacy and education; to promote the welfare and quality of service for wards by development and improvement of the capabilities of guardians through education programs, lectures, discussions, and various methods of instruction.
- Pasco County Government: www.pascocountyfl.net
Public Transportation for bus routes and schedules, Emergency Management for disaster planning, Elderly Nutrition for meals programs, and Social Services for Energy Assistance (EHEAEP).
- “Retail Savings Guide for Baby Boomers,” provides a detailed walk-through of discounts and special offers for seniors. You may visit the guide here: