For many elderly people, having a pet means they feel less lonely and socially isolated. A pet is a true companion that gives unconditional love and friendship — the greatest remedy of all.
It’s true that a snuggle a day can help keep the doctor away! Pets can aid relaxation, lower one’s blood pressure, promote health, and prolong life. They make you laugh and help distract you from your troubles. Pets can broaden your circle of friends and encourage good health through exercise.
That’s why CARES wants to help needy pets living with their elderly companions. Our non-profit organization will deliver pet food, pet care products and even offer pet grooming assistance to help furry family members stay at home with their loved ones.
HOW CAN YOU HELP?
VOLUNTEER: We are looking for wonderful volunteers who can help in the following ways:
- Collection: Picking up donations
- Bagging & Distribution: Sort items, help carry donations to vehicles
- Awareness Events: Attend events to promote CARES Pet Project
- Fundraising: Help plan and coordinate special events to raise donations
CONTACT: CARES Volunteer Coordinator Frank Ferracane at 727-267-1740 or firstname.lastname@example.org
DONATE CASH: Your generous cash donation provides our non-profit organization with the flexibility to supply what is most needed. Please mail your check to:
- CARES Administrative Office
Rao Musunuru M.D. Enrichment Center
12417 Clock Tower Parkway Hudson, FL 34667
- Or contact Brenda at 727-992-2249
DONATE SUPPLIES: Pet Food – All Types Grooming Tools, Flea Products Kitty Litter, New Pet Toys
Here are our drop-off locations:
- CARES Rao Musunuru, M.D. Enrichment Center 727-863-6868
12417 Clock Tower Parkway
Hudson, FL 34667
- CARES Elfers Center 727-847-1290
4136 Barker Drive
New Port Richey, FL 34652
- CARES Claude Pepper Senior Center 727-844-3077
6640 Van Buren Street
New Port Richey, FL 34653