Health & Wellness
CARES Senior Health Clinic at the
Claude Pepper Senior Center
6640 Van Buren St. | New Port Richey, FL 34653
CARES Senior Health Clinic provides limited primary care, disease education, medication management, and health promotion to people who are 55 years and older, low-income, and uninsured. Most of our clients are the working class with nowhere to turn for medical help. The CARES Free Senior Health Clinic is staffed by volunteer medical professionals, and funded through the generosity of private and corporate donors.
To qualify for an appointment, call 727-844-3077.
ABOUT OUR CHARITABLE HEALTH CLINIC
- CARES Senior Health Clinic sees over 900 patients annually
- The core patient population is the working poor
- Provides medical care, physical exams and limited primary care
- Monitors chronic disease and medication management
- Provides health education and promotion to help prevent disease and modify behaviors
- Offers some medication and insulin provided through the Indegent Drug Porgram (IDP)
CARES Senior Health Clinic offers a number of benefits to our community:
- Reduces unnecessary hospital stays and overall healthcare costs
- Closes a gap in access to care for people without the healthcare resources
- Alleviates demand on local emergency rooms by reducing uninsured patient visits
- Reduces uncollected hospital debt which is often passed along in higher hospital fees
- Reduces medical disability claims through education and management of chronic disease
CARES Senior Health and Wellness Expo
Thursday, November 3, 2022 held at:
Hudson First United Methodist Church
13123 US 19, Hudson, FL 34667
OVER 40 LOCAL VENDORS
- FREE Health Screenings
- Flu Shots
- Meet Health Specialists
- Equipment & Supplies
- Community Resources
- Caregiver Information
If you are a vendor who would like to participate in this popular and well-attended event, call 727-844-3077 for more information.
Proceeds benefit CARES Senior Health Clinic
HOW CAN YOU HELP?
- We are always in need of engagement by physicians and health professionals who can spare a few hours per week or month, including specialist referrals willing to help patients with consultation
- We accept donations of medicine, office supplies, equipment, i.e., wheelchairs, walkers, canes, adaptive devices
- We appreciate any financial support from individuals and corporate sponsors
Donate now through our PayPal account!
Please specify that your donation is allocated to the CARES Senior Health Clinic.
CARES Rao Musunuru, M.D.
Enrichment & Activity Center
12417 Clock Tower Pkwy. Hudson, FL 34667
CARES Elfers Senior Center
4136 Barker Dr, New Port Richey, FL 34652
CARES Claude Pepper Senior Center
6640 Van Buren St. New Port Richey, FL 34653
CARES Crescent Senior Center
13906 5th St. Dade City, FL 33525